Moore Research Group
Welcome to the Moore Research Group
Our research interests are driven toward fundamental understanding and inspired by the prospect of using this knowledge to discover new applications. Our research efforts include:
- Ionic Aggregation and Crystallization in Charged Polymer Membranes for Energy and Water Applications
- Thermoreversible Gelation and Gel-State Polymer Chemistry
- Macromolecular Frameworks in Electro/Photophysical Processes
- Controlled Morphology-Processing Relationships of Functional Polymers
- Specific Interactions in Polymer Blends and Nanocomposites
- Polymer Functionalization via Reactive Twin-Screw Extrusion
- State-of-the-Art Instrumental Characterization of Polymer Form and Function
Designed Morphology and Function of Macromolecular Assemblies – The Science and Engineering of Next-Generation Polymeric Materials
- Congratulations to Annabelle Palmer for winning the John G. Dillard Travel Award!
- Michelle Pomatto has won the Bostik, Inc. Endowment Travel Award. Great job, Michelle!
- Erin Crater was the recipient of the ACS PMSE Graduate Student Travel Award. Congratulations, Erin!
- Michelle Pomatto has published “Crystallization kinetics and equilibrium melting temperature of poly(ether ketone ketone) with high terephthalate content utilizing fast scanning calorimetry.” Polymer 2023, 271, 125810. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymer.2023.125810.
- Congratulations to Garrett Godshall for winning Best Plenary Lecture at the VT NCFL Open House!
The Moore Research Group is located in Hahn Hall South and Davidson Hall.
1016 Hahn Hall South
800 West Campus Dr.
Blacksburg, VA 24060