Moore Research Group
Welcome to the Moore Research Group
Our research interests are driven toward fundamental understanding and inspired by the prospect of using this knowledge to discover new applications. Our research efforts include:
- Ionic Aggregation and Crystallization in Charged Polymer Membranes for Energy and Water Applications
- Thermoreversible Gelation and Gel-State Polymer Chemistry
- Macromolecular Frameworks in Electro/Photophysical Processes
- Controlled Morphology-Processing Relationships of Functional Polymers
- Specific Interactions in Polymer Blends and Nanocomposites
- Polymer Functionalization via Reactive Twin-Screw Extrusion
- State-of-the-Art Instrumental Characterization of Polymer Form and Function
Designed Morphology and Function of Macromolecular Assemblies – The Science and Engineering of Next-Generation Polymeric Materials
- Congratulations to Michelle Pomatto for winning the Fall 2021 ACS PMSE Poster Award!
- Congratulations to Emily Plunkett on passing her preliminary exam!
- Congratulations to Dr. Christina Orsino for successfully defending her dissertation!
- The Moore group welcomes two new group members, Chris Kasprzak and Erin Crater
- Congratulations to Dr. Gregory Fahs for successfully defending his dissertation.
- Congratulations to Melissa Novy for passing her preliminary exam!
- Congratulations to Dr. Lin Ju and Dr. Kristen Felice for successfully defending their dissertations!
- Christina Orsino for wins a travel award to the 236th ECS Meeting in Atlanta, GA.
- Christina Orsino publishes “Anomalous Appearance of a Distinct Glass Transition in Perfluoroimide Acid Ionomers” in ECS Transactions.
The Moore Research Group is located in Hahn Hall South and Davidson Hall.
1016 Hahn Hall South
800 West Campus Dr.
Blacksburg, VA 24060