- Congratulations to Michelle Pomatto for winning the Fall 2021 ACS PMSE Poster Award!
- Congratulations to Emily Plunkett on passing her preliminary exam!
- Congratulations to Dr. Christina Orsino for successfully defending her dissertation!
- The Moore group welcomes two new group members, Chris Kasprzak and Erin Crater
- Congratulations to Dr. Gregory Fahs for successfully defending his dissertation!
- Congratulations to Dr. Kristen Felice for successfully defending her dissertation!
- Congratulations to Dr. Lin Ju for successfully defending her dissertation!
- Congratulations to Christina Orsino for winning a poster award at the 2019 MII Technical Conference & Review!
- Congratulations to Melissa Novy for passing her preliminary exam!
- Congratulations to Christina Orsino for winning a travel award to the 236th ECS Meeting in Atlanta to give a talk in the Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells & Electrolyzers division.
- Christina Orsino publishes “Anomalous Appearance of a Distinct Glass Transition in Perfluoroimide Acid Ionomers” in ECS Transactions. DOI: 10.1149/09208.0455ecst
- Lin Ju publishes “Compatibilization of Polyester/Polyamide Blends with a Phosphonated Poly (ethylene terephthalate) Ionomer: Comparison of Monovalent and Divalent Pendant Ions” in ACS Applied Polymer Materials. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssi.2019.03.006
- Congratulations to Melissa Novy for winning a poster award at the ACS Poly division Polymers for Fuel Cells, Energy Storage & Conversion conference in Pacific Grove, CA!
- Congratulations to Kristen Felice Noble for winning the VT Chemistry department Graduate Teaching Assistant Excellence Award!
- Congratulations to Dr. Lindsey Anderson for successfully defending her PhD!
- Congratulations to Dr. Samantha Talley for successfully defending her PhD!
- Kristen Noble publishes “Blocky bromination of syndiotactic polystyrene via post-polymerization functionalization in the heterogeneous gel state” in Polymer Chemistry. DOI: 10.1039/c8py01008k
- Congratulations to Lin Ju for being awarded 2nd place in the I&EC division graduate award symposium at the 2018 ACS Fall National Meeting.
- Congratulations to Sam Talley for receiving a Fall 2018 Graduate School Doctoral Assistantship award in chemistry!
- Lindsey Anderson publishes “Blocky Ionomers via Sulfonation of Poly(ether ether ketone) in the Semicrystalline Gel State” in Macromolecules. DOI: 10.1021/acs.macromol.8b01152
- Lin Ju publishes “Synthesis and characterization of phosphonated Poly (ethylene terephthalate) ionomers” in Polymer. DOI: 10.1016/j.polymer.2018.07.065
- Christina Orsino and Lin Ju both completed summer internships at 3M in St. Paul, MN and Henkel in Bridgewater, NJ, respectively.
- Congratulations to Kristen Felice Noble for winning a graduate student teaching award!
- Congratulations to Robert Smith for winning a first place poster award at the Spring 2018 Undergraduate Research Symposium for his work with Christina Orsino on morphology and properties of perfluorinated ionomers!
- Undergrads Peter Moburg and Robert Smith both wrapped up a productive year by presenting their research at the Spring 2018 Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Christina Orsino, Samantha Talley, Lindsey Anderson, Kristen Felice, and Lin Ju all gave great presentations at the Spring 2018 ACS National Meeting in New Orleans, LA.
- Melissa Novy and Lin Ju presented posters in the Poly and PMSE Division at the Spring 2018 ACS National Meeting in New Orleans, LA.
- Congratulations to Lin Ju for winning the 2017 Eastman Fellowship Award!
- Dr. Moore is awarded a three-year NSF Award through the Polymers Program in the Division of Materials Research titled “Tailored Chain Sequences of Pendant Functional Groups and Resulting Phase Behavior of Gel-State Functionalized Blocky Copolymers”.
- Congratulations to Dr. Jeremy Beach for successfully defending his PhD!
- Congratulations to our Senior Design Team, Christian AndersonSchoepe, Christopher Berger, Kaitlyn Leary, and Samuel Snyder for winning the ASM International Design Competition for their work with PEEK Aerogels! Team members along with mentor Samantha Talley and Dr. Robert Moore will receive their award at the Fall MS&T meeting in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Christina Orsino’s poster titled “Morphological Evolution of Perfluorinated Ionomers from Dispersion to Membrane by Solution-Processing” is selected as a “Distinguished Poster” nominee in the PMSE Division at the Fall 2017 ACS National Meeting.
- Samantha Talley and Lindsey Anderson are featured in VT News for their outstanding work hosting the graduate student symposium at the Fall 2017 ACS National Meeting. Read the article here: https://vtnews.vt.edu/articles/2017/08/ictas-gradstudentsymposium.html
- Lindsey Anderson, Gregory Fahs, Lin Ju, and Samantha Talley all gave fantastic presentations at the Fall 2017 ACS National Meeting in Washington, D.C.
- Kristen Felice and Christina Orsino presented posters in the PMSE Division at the Fall 2017 ACS National Meeting in Washington, D.C.
- Samantha Talley and our Senior Design Team publish “Mechanically robust and superhydrophobic aerogels of poly(ether ether ketone)” in Polymer. Polymer., 2017, DOI: 10.1016/j.polymer.2017.05.047
- Congratulations to our Senior Design Team, Christian AndersonSchoepe, Christopher Berger, Kaitlyn Leary, and Samuel Snyder for winning the MSE Senior Design Project of the Year! They have been chosen to represent Virginia Tech at the ASM International Senior Design Competition.
- Congratulations to Dr. Theodore Canterbury for successfully defending his PhD!
- Congratulations to Christy and Lin for passing their preliminary exams!
- Samantha Talley’s recent publication “Thermoreversible Gelation of Poly(ether ether ketone)”, ACS Macro Lett., 2017, 262-266 is selected for a cover art feature.
- Gregory Fahs publishes “Blocky Sulfonation of Syndiotactic Polystyrene: A Facile Route toward Tailored Ionomer Architecture via Postpolymerization Functionalization in the Gel State” in Macromolecules, Macromolecules, 2017, DOI: 10.1021/acs.macromol.7b00408
- Samantha Talley and Xijing Yuan publish “Thermoreversible Gelation of Poly(ether ether ketone)” in ACS Macro Letters, ACS Macro Lett., 2017, 262-266.
- Lindsey Anderson and Christina Orsino present posters at the 2017 ACS Poly division Polymers for Fuel Cells, Energy Storage & Conversion conference in Pacific Grove, CA.
- Joe Rittenhouse successfully defends his Masters Thesis titled “Mechanics and Fracture Behavior of Thermomechanical Bonds in Nonwoven Fabric”.
- Lindsey Anderson and Samantha Talley are on the student committee selected to chair the Graduate Student Symposium at the 254th National ACS meeting in Washington, DC in 2017.
- Ted Canterbury’s recent publication “A new hydrophilic supramolecular photocatalyst for the production of H2 in aerobic aqueous solutions,” Chem. Comm., 2016, 52, 8663-8666 is selected for a cover art feature.
- Lindsey Anderson presents “Non-Random Sulfonation of Poly(ether ether ketone) via Post Polymerization Functionalization of Theremoreversible Gels” at the National Graduate Research Polymer Conference at the University of Akron, June 2016.
- Samantha Talley presents “Thermoreversible Gelation of Poly(ether ether ketone)” at the National Graduate Research Polymer Conference at the University of Akron, June 2016.